PYP IB TRANSDISCIPLANARY THEME:
How the World Works
Reading Text: Frankenstein
Student journals required-graded
Exit tickets and quick writes-graded
Research report: Essay on a scientist whose contributions changed the world for the better
Central idea :
We use processes to investigate questions and solve problems.
Key concepts: Form, Function, Causation
What lines of inquiry will define the scope of the inquiry into the central idea?
- Scientists need a set of skills in order to answer questions about the natural world.
How scientific advances impact society and the environment
What teacher questions/provocations will drive these inquiries?
- What does it mean to be a scientist?
- How do scientists learn about the natural world?
- How can we compare different types of investigations?
- What is a testable question?
- How do we perform a controlled experiment? What scientific tools are needed?
- What are our responsibilities to society and our environment?